Friday, May 12, 2006

Slugs: A Cure for Tired Eyes.

'Take the black slugs, having collected them from the dew on May Day, and roast them on a spit by a stone fire and collect the fat, and guard it dearly; then anoint the eyes with it, and they will be made clean and bright and healthy.'

From the 'A WELSH LEECH BOOK' faithfully copied from the original manuscript by Timothy Lewis, 1914.

What a shame I have just missed the essential date - I shall have to wait an entire year now for my next chance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Really! At my house we just go wash our faces in the dew on May Day, so that we can be beautiful forever.

Yes, I'm glad that I found you here, with all this useful info.

Thu Aug 31, 10:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home