Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Field Guide to Surreal Botany.

Have just spent a happy morning (and afternoon) inventing a plant (mine is called Alistairthorpia rosa) to submit for possible inclusion in Two Crane Press's A FIELD GUIDE TO SURREAL BOTANY.

If it is accepted you get a copy of the field guide which is to be illustrated by botany artist Janet Chui - so it should be good. The notes had to be submitted on a form and the accompanying instructions invited you to be as weird as you like. I'm afraid I needed no further encouragement. The deadline is 31st July.
Link

3 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sounds fascinating - i'm sure your submission will be especially surreal I am intrigued. Good luck.

Tue Jul 18, 12:05:00 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I have just perused the rest of your blogs which i have missed since my break. I was fascinated by the trip to London- what a wonderful write up you gave it. And you went to St Paul's too! I was so pleased to hear about it - it's one of my fav memories of our time in London ... The walk by the Thames was amazing - who would've thought you could be alone with the glass and pebbles and the mud.
Thanks too for the music and books you have reviewed - I will be looking into those too.
Cheers Clare!

Tue Jul 18, 12:19:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Chiefbiscuit - glad to see you back.

Tue Jul 18, 05:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home