Thursday, November 02, 2006

The BAFAB competition

Thank you all (six of you) for entering. I am afraid the judging is going to take some time because my brain seeems to be not functioning properly at the moment.

The reading and comprehending part is in standby mode as is the part devoted to solving puzzles (although that is a particularly dodgy piece of apparatus at the best of times). Today I gave up working out how to get the cheese out of the fridge without knocking anything over and just shut the door. It just seemed much easier to eat a chocolate biscuit instead.

However I am happy to report that the lobes devoted to the writing of self-pitying but unsent emails, as well as the phoning people for a general moan are working at optimum efficiency.

I would also like to thank everyone who has sent such wonderfully kind words of encouragement - I really value them. As my agent said, 'this will one day seem like a small bump along a long road.' I know she's right - it's just that it feels like an insurmountable mountain range at the moment.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yowve gorra nyoo pikcha! nyoo start izzit?

Thu Nov 02, 09:24:00 am  
Blogger Adrian Benson said...

Ah, but the mountain range has already been surmounted because the book has been written.

Thu Nov 02, 12:28:00 pm  
Blogger dhamel said...

"It just seemed much easier to eat a chocolate biscuit instead."

It always is....

Thu Nov 02, 04:16:00 pm  
Blogger Lee said...

...except when it's even easier to eat half a dozen!

Thu Nov 02, 08:01:00 pm  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I don't understand (which is not unusual). What is this competition? Is it too late to enter? A pallindromic puzzle, perhaps?
p.s.cheese is worth going the extra mile for, you know.

Fri Nov 03, 12:08:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look very young and joyous in your Amsterdam picture--a good way to picture yourself.

Oh, and you don't have to count me. I just did it for the fun.

Look around that mountain range. You've got lots of good company, I'm sure. The ones who are bowling along on the smooth wide road to sell-out hell aren't nearly so worth reading!

***

And every time I see Lee's name in your comments, I think about how I haven't yet read any of her stories, though I said that I would. But will, once I get other promised reads out of the way. Honest.

Fri Nov 03, 01:30:00 am  
Blogger Lee said...

Hi Marly! New readers are even more welcome than chocolate biscuits.

Fri Nov 03, 10:09:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, new start, anuknayli. Ah Adrian, if only that were true - on this mountain range there turned out to be an impassable little peaklet.

Debra and Lee: chocolate biscuit diet highly recommended. All my clothes are looser and there is less washing up.

Jeremy: the competition was for the month of October - see October 1st post. There will be another.

Marly: Very true about the companions - I look around and see an incredibly talented group around me. Yes, everyone please go and read Mortal Ghost - it's excellent.

Sat Nov 04, 04:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home