Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Few Seasonal Links

1. The energetic Skintwriter is now running a reader's choice for his short story competition. Congratulations to J T Ahearn for his short story SNOW which was the combined choice of the judges Maxine, Debi, Minx and Skint and myself although there were others we all liked very much too. Skint has links to all - so please take a look if you feel like some entertainment this Christmas.

2. Thanks to Dave Lull I have discovered some poetry I love. They are by Michael Creagan who, like the Welsh poet Dannie Abse, also has a day job as a doctor.

3. On the subject of poetry Twitches continues to impress me much.

4. Chief Biscuit and Jan each have charming posts about Christmas and childhood.

5. In contrast Gordon McCabe has alternative and original views on matters technological which have haunted me rather more than I expected...

6. ...and finally, my American editor at Viking emailed me the other night to say he was was pleased to see this interview with moi in the on-line version of the magazine Rain Taxi by multi-award winning writer Jeff Vandermeer (author of the fantastic SHRIEK (Amazon.com's and San Francisco Chronicle's best of year fantasy in 2006)) and his valiant wife Ann. Thanks to both of you for taking so much trouble.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the interview, Clare, which was emailed to me from the original source by OWL!

Also lovely to hear that you like those poems. Unfortunately I can't get into Wordpress at the moment (host of Librarian's Place) to reply to your comment. Dave Lull has replied but he thinks his comment is stuck in the works somewhere. When I can get back into the dashboard (Wordpress are working on it they say), I will liberate Dave's comment.

Interesting post, you have been busy.

Wed Dec 20, 03:52:00 pm  
Blogger Lee said...

A wonderful interview. Almost as good as chatting in person.

Wed Dec 20, 03:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much better interview than one normally reads, Clare--it feels passionate and true.

Wed Dec 20, 05:01:00 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Great interview, but then the interviewers are something special as well.

A lovely read.

Thu Dec 21, 10:03:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Thanks for the plug Clare!

I read the interview and loved it. I admire your humility more than anything else I think - and yes, I know you'll hate me saying that! ;)

And then. I did the one-click thing and voila bought your first book - it will be here in time for my holiday reading! Yay! As easy as that. Oh! The joys and wonders of the internet.

Fri Dec 22, 12:20:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive interview and I shouldn't be writing to you casually after reading that. :-p

By the way, Locus Online put a link to the interview in their Blink section with your name spelled as "Claire". I e-mailed a request for correction.

- montmorency

Fri Dec 22, 10:50:00 am  
Blogger mareymercy said...

WHY am I having such trouble connecting to people's blogs lately?

I agree - GREAT interview (as usual) and thanks for the link!

Fri Dec 22, 02:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all very much - and yes, Anne S, the interviewers are in a class of their own!

And Montmorency - lovely to hear from you again and thanks for correcting the spelling of my name.

CB - thank you for buying my book. I hope it doesn't make you feel too cold in the middle of summer.

Sat Dec 23, 04:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home