Wednesday, June 06, 2007

4.30 pm

That's better. Deep in the thick of work now and enjoying myself immensely. I'm just looking through magazines but this is research. Each page brings a new thought and idea: books I want to read, places I want to go - so many I feel as though they are settling on me like snow and I need to shake them off.

Evening is beginning to settle on the world outside my window now. The rush of teenagers walking from the nearby school has slowed and the their voices are more distant. One solitary figure dawdles behind the rest and I wonder if this is through choice. The light of the sun is dimmed and the leaves of the magnolia, that have been translucent all day, are now brightly opaque, and a slight wind has set them in motion. Shadows are creeping longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home