Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Book-A-Thon

Just come across this excellent idea on THE HIDDEN SIDE OF THE LEAF via DEBLOG - namely the 24 hour readathon. The idea is to read and blog for 24 hours. See here for details.

Unfortunately I am due to be in Birmingham that day but the idea appeals to me so much I am going to try and rearrange the date of my visit - or maybe, if this is impossible, take part in the tail-end since it only starts at 2pm GMT...

I have to say I really like Debra's idea of a mini readathon too - taking a day out a week to read and blog...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how appealing the idea is, isn't it?

Well, since you like the mini Read-a-thon idea, maybe we should institute something. It would have to be very flexible, of course, yet have something that could identify it as a Thing and tie participants (assuming there's more than one) together.

Like, e.g., a nifty little badge to add to posts; some kind of unifying organization to it. Participation could be sporadic.... One could, I suppose (just brainstorming here), have links to all posts in some central location, assuming it was easy to add them (a common Twitter account?). Suggestions? Ideas?

Wed Sept 19, 01:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, all for this Debra...a central area, yes very good. I also thought maybe it might, perhaps, just perhaps, be interesting if we were all to read the same book and blog the experience. Though can't really decide about this...what do you think?

Wed Sept 19, 10:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. In theory it would be nice, but it would be hard to work into my life, at least. Kind of like a book club. Plus, tastes would vary. But people could do that if they wanted, I guess.

What would be interesting to set these posts apart?

Thu Sept 20, 01:07:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debra: going to email you on this one...

Thu Sept 20, 10:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home