Saturday, October 20, 2007

5.30

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN is just as good as everyone I know has said it is. I've only managed to read 30 pages in an hour but there have been interruptions. I love her use of language and the way the metaphors slide slyly in. I suppose I'm enjoying it mostly because I identify with the narrator; with her concerns and why she does what she does and why she wants a child. They are unorthodox reasons, I suppose, but there is a familiarity there and I am sure at some point I thought of them too. Gradually she lets little pieces of information sli[p and I am intrigued and want to know more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Literary Feline said...

I just picked up a copy of this book yesterday from the store. :-) I am glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. Good luck with the read-a-thon today and happy reading!

Sat Oct 20, 06:49:00 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

You're doing well. Keep it up!

Cheerleader Chris

Sat Oct 20, 07:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home