Saturday, October 20, 2007

9.30

Just about 100 pages through KEVIN now and I have just a little bit of a criticism...I feel there is just a tiny bit too much repetition, perhaps...there is one very funny analogy on the process of giving birth, and then another a couple of pages later, which is not quite as good and it has the effect of lessening the power of both of them. But mostly I continue to be impressed and hugely absorbed and normally I wouldn't mention it except that I am posting my impressions as I read...

However the vocabulary is excellent. There are words here that I have heard before but don't quite know the meaning and they are such useful and precise words I am determined to make them part of my vocabulary too:
rectitude = morally righteous
inchoate = not fully formed
arrogate = to claim or take without justification
evanesce = pass out of sight

3 Comments:

Blogger Nyssaneala said...

I've heard Kevin is an intense book, and really good. Keep up the great progress!

I have a special treat on my blog for read-a-thon readers, come on by!

Cheerleader Alisia

Sat Oct 20, 10:08:00 pm  
Blogger sally906 said...

Just popping in to wave some pompoms and go rah rah for the 24 hour readathon!!!

Sat Oct 20, 10:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sally - always nice to be visited by someone from downunder.

Sat Oct 20, 10:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home