Monday, October 22, 2007

Dreams

I was just showing my husband a short-cut which involved going through my ex-literary agent's offices when they turned into a hairdressing salon.

We sat down and my husband, who by this time had turned into my brother, was told to get up because it was his turn to get his hair cut.

However instead of going to a basin, as I had expected, he stepped fully clothed into a shower cubicle.

'Don't worry, I'll take care of him,' my ex-literary agent, Natasha, said.

She came back to me as one of her assistants. 'I'm afraid...I really don't know how to say this, I think it'll be best if I whisper it...' she said to Natasha who was once again by my side.

Natasha listened then turned to me. 'I'm afraid he's got bee-blah.'
'Bee-blah?' I said, 'What's that?'
She was just about to tell me when I woke up.

'I was having such a strange dream.' I said to Hodmandod Senior.
'So was I, ' he said. 'I dreamt that you had murdered your first husband with an axe.'

Which just goes to show how inaccurate these dreams can be. I have never picked up an axe in my life.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You literary folks are always so axiomatic!

Mon Oct 22, 03:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggles*

*chuckles*

*guffaws*

Oh dear, I love it...

Mon Oct 22, 04:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. Did you intend the last line to be ambiguous?

Mon Oct 22, 06:20:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Heather, and Debra. And yes I did intend the last line to be ambiguous

And thank you, Wyndskald, I think (just off to work out what exactly axiomatic means!)

Mon Oct 22, 11:46:00 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

On a scale of 1 to 10 how psychotic would you describe yourself, Clare?

Tue Oct 23, 11:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o :-)

Tue Oct 23, 11:39:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How strange.

If you put "beeblah" in google, you come up with responses.

Perhaps you were simply making your ex-agent more useful. After all, what use is an ex-agent? Only an agent can be of use, and only if she is of use. But a hairdresser is perennially, exhaustingly useful. And if you don't need your hair cut, dyed, or twisted into peculiar towers, you can always have her tweeze your brows or buff your nails or some such nonsense.

Happy All Hallows, Clare! Dream a good dream tonight.

Thu Nov 01, 12:29:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home