Monday, November 19, 2007

A start.


A good day: aerobics and then I spent the rest of the day finding pictures for the characters of my new book from the weekend's colour supplements. I have now put them on the wall above my desk together with a short summary of their essential details. So far I have written about four thousand words (over the weekend) - the first two short chapters.

It is written in two voices - Tom's, a twenty-eight year old university drop-out from an invented country, and Meredith's, a thirty year old technician.

I am having a good time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Petunia said...

I have had a great visit at your blog. Best of luck with your novel!

Tue Nov 20, 05:07:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fun! How nice to be able to look at them as you create lives around the photos. I wonder, do you look for very expressive faces..or a deadpan that will allow you flexibility with the character?

Tue Nov 20, 06:11:00 am  
Blogger Jan said...

That says it all, Dr D:
" I Am Having A Good Time"..
Long may it continueXX

Tue Nov 20, 04:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Petunia, and Susan - that is such an interesting question - it deserves its own post, I think.

And Thank You Jan! Hope you are having a similarly good time too!

Tue Nov 20, 08:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are few feelings to beat that which you experience when a piece of writing is going well. I hope it continues this way for you.

Wed Nov 21, 09:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ann - and so frustrating when it doesn't!

Wed Nov 21, 10:35:00 pm  
Blogger S. Kearney said...

Oh I love this process. I'm doing the same .... though not with the photos! :-)

Fri Nov 23, 07:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, photos aren't necessary, Shameless. Good luck.

Sat Nov 24, 04:40:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

Thanks for sharing your tricks of the trade. I was offered this one at a writing workshop many years ago, and its a comfort to know that a 'real' writer like you sees merit in it.

Sun Nov 25, 06:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home