Thursday, November 15, 2007

World Toilet Day

Perhaps, like me, you are unaware that Monday 19th November is, in fact, WORLD TOILET DAY. Fortunately, however, I have a friend called Debra Hamel who keeps me up to date with these events, and to celebrate she is selecting Warwick Collins's highly appropriately-named book GENTS for that day (see the side-bar).

There is, apparently, a global sanitation crisis, and donations to this site will help stamp out diseases in vulnerable areas.

That is one excellent idea and Twitterlit is another. If you go here you can add a TwitterLit gadget to your blog too and twice every day you will see a new first line from a book linked to Amazon.

(I have to tell you, dear blog-reader, that I resisted so many double-entendres in this post I feel almost heroic.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home