Sunday, December 09, 2007

Seventh Sunday Salon 00.34


Since it is now officially Sunday I am getting ready for Sunday Salon and this weekend's read consists of poetry, fiction and non-fiction. I shall dip into each one. The poetry is STONE LIBRARY by Alyson Hallett who is a friend I met on a creative writing conference, the fiction is THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE by Mary Lawson which is this month's book club choice, and the non-fiction is LEVEL 4: VIRUS HUNTERS OF THE CDC by Joseph B Mc Cormick and Susan Fisher-Hoch which is part of my research - I just can't get enough of books about microbes.

4 Comments:

Blogger jem said...

I like the nosey nature of the Sunday Salon. Knowing what you are reading today. A good mix of choices - although I think the virus stuff would make me feel quite edgy, looking everywhere for potential nasties to contract!

Today I've dipped into Haddons 'A Spot of Bother' (a bit fluffy for my liking) and 'Moondust - In Search of the Men Who Fell to Earth' (which has made me think about seeing things from up close or afar).

Sun Dec 09, 07:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Moondust book sounds intriguing, jem. I shall have to find out more...

Sun Dec 09, 08:11:00 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I like the sound of the Virus Hunters, Clare! I'll put that on my wish list too.

Mon Dec 10, 04:18:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's very good. I really do find it fascinating so far.

Mon Dec 10, 04:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home