Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tenth Sunday Salon 14.00

Ah, my last Sunday Salon...This time next week (relatively speaking since earth time will have no relevance where I shall be then) I shall be on Zom Sot's space craft. I am looking forward so much to seeing it. Apparently it is necessary to fuse in some way to the electronics, and there is some sort of implant involved, but Zom is confident they can adapt Sottian surgical practices to humanoids.

Anyway, the book I am about to read for Sunday Salon (I've started late since there is much to sort out with the Hodmandods so they might cope with my absence) is Maggie O'Farrell's THE VANISHING ACT OF ESME LENNOX. From the title I think I might be gleaning some useful hints. Also, since it is next month's Book Club choice, I shall be passing on what I learn to Zom Sot so he/she might be able to go in my place.
Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Hsien Lei said...

You invoking Zom Sot gave me the chills. I used to call upon "alien mother" to take my place when my son was really pushing my buttons. Alien mother was able to stay calm when I couldn't and gave me a few minutes to remove the real me from the situation until I felt a little calmer. Serious! Now I feel like a mental case for admitting to this parenting cheat.

Have a good trip!

Sun Dec 30, 04:34:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Hsien-hsien: I think the alien mother is a really good idea and every mother should have one. I remember Hodmandod Major used to really test my patience when he was young (a 'skill' he seems not to have lost over the years) and a time out was frequently essential.

Sun Dec 30, 05:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home