Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I'm Doing 16:



What I'm listening to:
Adele's Chasing Pavements. I rather like this weird video too in a Romeo and Juliet kind of way - but am relieved to see that when they are stretchered off at the end they each have a drip attached, which gives me hope that the end is perhaps not so tragic...

What I'm reading:
Chekhov's short stories- have I mentioned these?

What I watched last:
L'Homme Du Train
Interesting film - A very cool dude (who turns out to be a criminal) arrives in a small French town with a headache and asks for aspirin at the Pharmacie. However he is sold soluble instead of the ordinary sort(zut, or maybe merde). An elderly fellow customer invites him to his house for some water and from there an unlikely liaison begins. Both men are planning a dangerous phase of life, and the end is unexpected and very effective. I particularly like the way the medium of cinema is used to tell the story with great flourish.

What I'm hoping for:
A fully-functioning brain again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great song and video. Amazing all the things you can do lying down!

Sat Feb 23, 11:21:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I love it too. One of those songs that sticks in my head.

Sat Feb 23, 07:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home