Monday, February 11, 2008

A Winter Weekend For Bookaholics

The last couple of summers I was guest-author at Roujan in France on a Booklovers holiday - part of 7 day wonder holidays which is run by a very enthusiastic and hard-working couple - Zoe and Lee.

Apart from the books there was also food. Lee and Zoe are excellent cooks and I am sure their meals would win the approval of any gourmet. The wine also flows in generous amounts - and I saw a lot of happy and contented faces each time I went. You meet some very interesting and like-minded people and it is very relaxing to just indulge yourself reading and talking about books. It is a bookaholic's dream.

This year they are running a Winter weekend break with the critically acclaimed author, Charles Palliser, in this wonderful-looking place, a 16th century mansion house in Garrotxa in Catalonia...


The holiday features:
a 'meet-the-author' session;
walks in the nearby woods;
book group sessions;
fantastic suppers;
fireside stories with mulled wine;
and a general sharing of a love of literature.

It starts on the 28th February - and there are still some places left. For further information see their website here. I wish I could go but I can't at the moment.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home