Saturday, May 31, 2008

Writing Cell

I have been working my socks off on a proposal recently, hence the lack of posts. But now my little project is done, at least the first draft, and so I am coming out, blinkingly, into very bright daylight - to these flowers (which appeared by magic when Hodmandod Senior returned from the shops):


I also have to report that Hodmandod Senior has installed light and power in my writing den now, and I can't wait to get out there because I have a novel in mind.


Before then, however, the floor has to be varnished, and we have to buy a table and chair. I would like it bare and cell-like - with no distractions except the birds outside.

3 Comments:

Blogger crimeficreader said...

Congrats on the draft! May the hard work pay off, as I'm sure it will!

Love the writing shed. Will it be painted internally and if so, what colour? A shade in pastel I'm sure - you don't seem a white person to me, Clare, if you get my drift, but what hue? Do let us know!

Sat May 31, 11:38:00 pm  
Blogger stu said...

The thing with trying to avoid distractions is that there are always more (the cute little birdies, for example). Besides, should the space you use for doing what you enjoy most really be a cell?

Sun Jun 01, 04:55:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I'm keeping the walls au naturel, CFR because I like the sight, smell and texture of the wood. Maybe it would feel a little bigger if it were light, but I love the wood (even though it is chipboard, really).

Well Stu, there are distractions and distractions - it is a question of control and intensity. I think the birds will be fine. And yes, the cell is fine too - a peaceful enclosed space of my own.

Sun Jun 01, 05:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home