Sunday, November 16, 2008

In which Silas crosses the desert.

No laundry done today, no clearing up, no housework, no reading, and no exercise...

...but I have got to page 98 in my editing of my Patagonia novel. I feel have 'got into' the book again now - and consequently am enjoying myself very much. My hero, Silas, has just managed to cross thirty miles of cold wind-swept desert.

I am mainly taking superfluous parts out, as my editor advised. Even though I have scarcely moved from this chair I am oddly exhausted.

6 Comments:

Blogger aliholli said...

Great progress!I can`t wait to read it, especially as Silas sounds a bit like husb. Well done!Jump up and down again soon x

Sun Nov 16, 11:25:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Ali. I think I am going to have to jump up and down again soon. I'm beginning to stiffen up in this chair - I've been in it too long.

Mon Nov 17, 04:57:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can't wait to read it too.

Mon Nov 17, 07:33:00 am  
Blogger jem said...

Reading about travelling can leave you feeling like you've really done it - let alone writing. I've just been to the Antarctic and back with Nikki Gemmell ('Shiver') and I'm only just thawing.

Mon Nov 17, 11:19:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, but you've done so much. Fair play for making yourself do it, by blogging about it. Tell yourself that you are paying close attention.

A spare set of character sketches for in the shed, did you say. I'm thinking of converting my shed.

Mon Nov 17, 08:56:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Hi Barbara! 'Fair play' is something the Welsh say too. The shed is good - but a bit cold in mine at the moment - even with a radiator.

Yes, Jem I agree completely about the travelling. I went there once, and today I feel I have been back again.

Thank you Kay - you are all so kind!

Mon Nov 17, 10:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home