Monday, February 16, 2009

What I'm Doing 27:

What I'm listening to:

Bob Dylan performing Isis in 1975.

I just heard of a baby called Isis which reminded me of this...and a concert I went to when I was aged 17 with Bob Dylan and 25 000 others.

Just listening to this reminds me how much I love Dylan...

What I watched last:

Three Colours White.

A sequel to 'Three Colours Blue' and a really good film about a polish emigré who is divorced by the woman he loves.




What I'm reading:

'The Siege of Krishnapur' by J.G. Farrell ...slowly due to lack of time, but loving every minute that I manage to snatch with it,

and also 'On Writing' by Stephen King.


What I'm working on:

editing - my Patagonia book (again!) and also a couple of other people's books.

What I'm dreaming about:

starting another novel; going back to the gym (when my 'runner's knee' improves); and also watching my silkworm eggs hatching.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cor, I can't keep up with you - ain't enough hours in the day, I'm thinking!

Are you sure you don't have a spell like Hermione in Harry Potter to put more time in the day..?

Mon Feb 16, 10:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love King's "On Writing." A couple of the best pieces of writing advice that I follow come from this book:

1) No one gets to see your first draft.

2) When several people edit your writing, if they all pick on different issues, you as the writer get to choose what to edit. If they all pick on the same thing, you've GOT to edit.

They're not stated as eloquently as King states them, but that's the gist anyway.

Tue Feb 17, 01:29:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

And I seem to spend most of them doing nothing, I always feel, Barbara!

Hermione's spell sounds an excellent one. Yes, I wish I had that.

Mary: that sounds very wise advice! I have just read a couple of pages so far, but it does seem really engaging.

Tue Feb 17, 10:29:00 am  
Blogger red botinki said...

I read the Siege of Krishnapur some time ago and absolutely loved it;it's beena ded to my lst of books ot read again.... a very long list but this book comes near the top!

redbotinki

Tue Feb 17, 03:55:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, to be in Patagonia with the snails! Can't wait. I suppose you'll be off on the Silk Road next.

Tue Feb 17, 08:58:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Oh, thank you Marly - that is kind! I'd love to go along the Silk Road, but don't think it will happen, sadly.

Tue Feb 17, 09:37:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks for the hat tip, Red Botinki - sorry I thought I'd replied to this but I hadn't!

Tue Feb 17, 11:47:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

I read that Stephen King last year. Very interesting. I found some of the writing advice was helpful, some not so. But the autobiographical stuff was most enjoyable.

Fri Feb 20, 11:46:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Jem - it looks good the pages I've read - but if you think it worth reading, I shall. I think we have similar tastes.

Fri Feb 20, 11:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home