Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jill Dawson at the South Bank

Unfortunately I cannot get down to London to see Jill Dawson, of whom I am a fan, discuss (with Suzi Feay) her infatuation with the poet Rupert Brooke. I wish I could. It's on Thursday 5th March in the Blue Room at the South Bank. Details here.

I shall console myself with the news that this event heralds a new Jill Dawson novel: THE GREAT LOVER, which has Rupert Brooke at its heart, and I look forward to reading this very soon. It has a beautiful cover...

'Through the chance correspondence of a young Tahitian woman, who claims to be the poet's daughter and Nell Golightly, who met Brooke as a young man, she unfolds a fascinating historical narrative.'

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jem said...

I'm looking forward to reading this too. Jill Dawson is my favourite author as discovered in the last couple of years. There was a great interview with her over at John Self's 'Asylum' book review site. It was comforting to hear she has a welcoming study to write in, so we can look forward to plenty more from her pen. Always a relief when you find someone you like - author, musician - you feel selfish but you think please don't die or retire when I've only just found you.

Fri Feb 27, 02:37:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks, Jem, I'll have to take a look.

Fri Feb 27, 10:54:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home