Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More babies!

In order to acclimatise a batch of eggs to cooler conditions (i.e. the fridge), I put them on the window sill in the kitchen overnight. However, when I looked this morning I saw I was too late and tens of yet more silkworms have hatched out overnight. I have grated some food over them and put them in with my other hatchlings.

I am now a little worried about the food situation and have ordered 1kg of dried mulberry concentrate - I just hope that it comes in time.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jud said...

I can imagine it might be quite a challenge going door to door with an empty porcelain cup, asking to borrow some dried mulberry concentrate.

I do hope the morsels arrive in time. I am anxiously awaiting the post of a picture of you in a cowboy hat wrangling your silkworms.

Tue Feb 24, 02:52:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

It may just come to that, Jud:)

Tue Feb 24, 03:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home