Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees...and Hay

I am going to be at the Hay Literary Festival this year courtesy of my publisher, Seren. Between 1pm - 2pm on Sunday 30th May I shall be in the Welsh Academi 'pod' presenting an installation based on my novel A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees. Please drop in if you're passing!

I've also booked to see Paul Murray and Tiffany Murray (who have both been short-listed for the Wodehouse prize for a comic novel - together with Ian McEwan's Solar)

and Owen Shears and Russell Celyn Jones who are going to talk to Jon Gower about their updated versions of the Mabinogion.

So I should have a very good day...

7 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

I have just tweeted this news so expect to be inundated ;-)

Tue Apr 27, 08:48:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thank you, Maxine! (I am hiding under my desk, just in case) :-)

Tue Apr 27, 08:57:00 pm  
Blogger Paul Halpern said...

Congratulations on the festival invitation!

I've learnt about so many places through your blog. I looked up Hay-on-Wye and it looks like a delightful town with more than 30 bookshops. What a great place for booklovers!

Tue Apr 27, 11:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Mary said...

If only I could be in Hay that day, but Daughter is graduating. Oh, and there's that whole ocean thing in the way, too.

I'll be there in spirit, Clare. Hope it's a glorious day for you. :)

Wed Apr 28, 03:40:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Paul: Thank you! I've never been there, but yes the place does sound good. The festival used to be held in the town, but now it's got too big so now is housed in a complex of marquees and 'pods'. Unfortunately, it often rains so wellies may be essential.

Mary: Heh, heh. Thank you - I hope your daughter's graduation day is a glorious one too.

Wed Apr 28, 07:59:00 am  
Blogger aliholli said...

Wow! You must be so excited, and so proud. Pity we don't still have Borders eh? Good luck!

Wed Apr 28, 11:37:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Ali - it's not my launch, just an event. I might still have a launch...maybe. I'm still thinking about it (might be too late if I don't hurry up).

Wed Apr 28, 11:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home