Monday, November 22, 2010

More Kindle Problems

First the black line across the screen (I sent it back, it was replaced by three, so I sent the two extra ones back and a few weeks later was asked to send them back again, with the result that Hodmandod Senior was on the phone to Amazon for over an hour sorting that little one out), and now I plugged it in last night because the power was low, then when I got up this morning about six hours later, the amber light was still showing and when I took out the plug was told it had no power at all!

I've plugged it in again over breakfast, and half an hour later it seems to be half charged already.

So...I deduce from this that just because the amber light is showing it doesn't mean that my Kindle is being charged.

I can't help thinking that an Apple product would never have this design failure - but then it would also be a lot more expensive too.

Update: the Kindle is now recharged. I think I'm going to have to make sure it is thoroughly plugged in, in future.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

When I recharged mine I had to wait about a day before the green light came on. (So far, have only done this once in 2 months of ownership, but I have only read 4 books on it so far.)

Do you switch wireless off apart from when you are actually accessing content? If you keep wireless off apart from the times you actually use it, then the battery lasts a huge amount longer.

Sorry you have had so much trouble with the "lines", it must be very frustrating.

Mon Nov 22, 09:46:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

The lines weren't too bad to be honest, Maxine. And Amazon were very good about sending it back. But I am a little perplexed that it looked like it was charging and then wasn't. I could have been in a rush to go out and I could have ended up with no kindle to take with me - complete disaster :-)

Mon Nov 22, 10:54:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Oh, and I forgot to say - no, I keep forgetting to switch the wireless off, that's a good idea! Thank you.

Mon Nov 22, 10:56:00 am  
Blogger Anne S said...

I've had no problems with mine and I agree that the battery life is good if you turn wireless off.

Recharging takes about 2 to 3 hours on mine if battery power is mostly depleted.

Mon Nov 22, 10:16:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Anne - I think as long as I make sure the cable is really 'home' I should be okay. When I plugged it in again that's as long as it took on mine too.

Now I just have to remember to keep the wireless off.

Mon Nov 22, 10:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home