Thursday, November 25, 2010

The New Welsh Review



The New Welsh Review arrived in the post this morning containing my article on my research for A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees. When I'd received the article in proof from the editor Kathryn Gray, I was worried that the pictures would look a little strange without captions, but now I realise they look better without:


I am very pleased to see them - I don't think I've ever had my pictures published before (except for the one I gave the author of a biography of Alfred Wegener). Here is another on the title page of the book.


There's a great variety of material here but what immediately engaged me was Rebbecca Ray's memoir. I found myself reading it all the way through at once, and I am now feeling staid and overcautious in comparison.

There's lots of other fascinating stuff too that I am looking forward to reading: short stories from Gee Williams and Robert Minhinnick - and lots of poetry. It comes out four times a year and I noticed on the NWR website that if you subscribe for a year you get 20% off - so I did. It looks like good value to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous marly youmans said...

Looks very attractive--and interesting. Confetti!

Sat Dec 11, 10:28:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Marly!

Sun Dec 12, 12:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home