Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Herodotus Speaks Again

I am delighted to report that Debra Hamel (scholar of Ancient Greek and writer) has some exciting news about a forthcoming publication on her blog: a new take on the original unreliable narrator: Herodotus.

It is to be called Reading Herodotus: A Guided Tour through the Wild Boars, Dancing Suitors, and Crazy Tyrants of The History and is published by Johns Hopkins Press. An excellent title, methinks, and I have a feeling this is going to be a fascinating and highly entertaining read too.

Congratulations, Debra!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue Guiney said...

Great. I have long been a Herodotus fan, back from my young Classicist days. He's the best and knows how to make history fun, and memorable! I look out for this one.

Thu Sept 08, 08:27:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Excellent Herodotus Summary IMHO, Sue!

Thu Sept 08, 09:32:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home