Thursday, August 02, 2012

Shrinking Herodotus

Congratulations to Debra Hamel who has taken the magnificent but admittedly vast and somewhat unwieldy Histories of Herodotus


and presented them in a much more digestible


and entertaining form for the modern reader. Today I received a copy of Reading Herodotus: A Guided Tour through the Wild Boars, Dancing Suitors, and Crazy Tyrants through the post so I am now a smug and happy owner.


I keep flicking through it and being hooked. For instance who can resist a chapter headed 'Horny Goats and Medicinal Urine'?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue Guiney said...

ooh, what fun! I had no idea about these. the old classicist in me is all excited! thanks for the heads up.

Fri Aug 03, 12:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home