Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Little Education

For no particular reason, except that they looked interesting, I have signed up to three free on-line courses.  One is Rome: A Virtual Tour of the Ancient City with Matthew Nicholls at the University of Reading, another is Literature in the Digital Age: from Close Reading to Distant Reading with Philipp Schweighauser at the University of Basel, and the other is the Genomics Era: The Future of Genetics in Medicine from three doctors at St George's Hospital, London.

The last time I did an on-line course was a PGCE with the Open University.  Hodmandods Senior and Major have both done them with the MIT and say that they have learnt a lot, so now I am going to have a go.  The first two courses start on March 13th and require around four hours a week each, so I hope I can keep up.  The Genetics one starts earlier,  in February, and may well prove beyond me, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Clegg said...

The middle one sounds like something an optician might offer ;-)

Sat Jan 14, 06:23:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Heh, heh. Yes, Brian - I'm looking forward to finding out what Distant Reading is! I've never heard of it before.

Sat Jan 14, 06:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home