Sunday, January 01, 2017

A Little Victoriana.(or What I'm Doing 42)

Ah, the first of January.  Time to turn over a new leaf and maybe rescue this blog, which has been neglected.  But just a line in and I am spotted at my desk.
'Mum's blogging again,' sighs Hodmandod Minor (temporarily home from his normal residence at the side of the Manchester Ship Canal).
'I thought we'd all agreed that this was bad for you,' says Hodmandod Senior, still alive, still thriving.
'No,' I tell them.  'Not blogging.  Blogging is good.'

Anyway.  Time to catch up with what I'm doing.

Reading Fallow by Daniel Shand.  This was given me to review by Sandstone Press.  This absorbing read has, unfortunately, been interrupted by Christmas but so far has had a series of convincing twists and features what I am suspecting to be a deceptive narrator.

Listening to Sarah Perry's The Essex Serpent - the story of a Victorian monster.  I am just a couple of chapters in but so far it is reminding me of one of my favourite TV series, 'Ripper Street'.  Both of them re-interpret 'the Victorian' with a voice that  manages to be new and original and yet convincingly authentic too

.

Watching, very soon, Sherlock on the BBC.  More of the Victorian...with the rest of the population of the country, I suspect.




9 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Hsppy New Year Clare.

The blogging community is sadly overlooked by those who are addicted to Social Media, but I still occasionally check out Keeper of The Snails to see if you've written a new post.

Mon Jan 02, 05:43:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Anne, that's very kind of you to keep checking out my blog.

Mon Jan 02, 08:12:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

And a happy new year to you too!

Mon Jan 02, 08:14:00 am  
Blogger Black Tulip said...

There's nothing wrong with blogging! Good to have you back, and happy 2017.

Tue Jan 03, 10:24:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Black Tulip, and a happy 2017 to you too!

Tue Jan 03, 11:33:00 pm  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Happy New Year, dear Clare... And I hope we'll have another tea and ramble together, some day.

Fri Jan 06, 04:31:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Happy New Year to you too, Marly! Yes, another tea and a ramble would be good. Do you remember those giant yews?

Fri Jan 06, 08:16:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

Yes yes yes you are back!!!! Yippee!!! (I totally understand how long a blog post takes!!!)

Fri Feb 10, 05:41:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Ali! :-)

Fri Feb 10, 07:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home