Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Matchy matchy

Yesterday, on a whim, I bought some nail varnish in the sales. I cannot do a manicure. I think there must be some technique I've never mastered.  I'm careless with the little brush.  There's no neat outline.  When I try to patch up the parts where I've missed I misjudge that too.  But this time I bought another coat with bits of white and pink that when I applied it last night conveniently disguised my ineptitude.  And then, this morning I noticed something else...



I’d inadvertently painted my nails exactly the same colour as my pyjamas.  A happy accident. Throw on an overcoat and I shall be ready for the big shop.

6 Comments:

Blogger Black Tulip said...

Don't forget your curlers!

Thu Jan 12, 11:21:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Ah, of course, Black Tulip! How could I forget? I knew I was missing an essential feature!

Fri Jan 13, 07:50:00 am  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Hah! What a funster!

Wed Jan 18, 10:53:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Took ages to chip the stuff off though!

Thu Jan 19, 01:10:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

Wotahoot! (I don't really like the FEEL of nail varnish) xxx

Sat Feb 11, 05:44:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

No, me neither, Ali. It makes them feel heavy. High heels for the fingertips.

Sat Feb 11, 08:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home